These days, with gyms across the country closing their doors, the new leaders in fitness come from your smartphone. Whatever your fitness needs are, home fitness apps enable you to stay in shape, increase flexibility, and build muscle, all from the comfort of your home.
7 Minute Workout: Fitness App
Time is always against us, and that’s why 7 Minute Workout: Fitness App developed routines that are short and sweet. If finding the time, or being new to home workouts are stopping you from downloading a home fitness app, then 7 Minute Workout: Fitness App is for you.
- Best features – The workouts are 7 minutes! And they really work. You can customize your workouts, which will allow you to get a feel for it, and then decide if you want to move onto a more complex home workout.
- The app provides voice and video instructions, and best of all, requires no equipment to use!
- Who’s it for? – 7 Minute Workout: Fitness App is for people seeking weight loss and general fitness. It’s completely FREE, and works on both IOS and Android devices (in fact, all of the apps mentioned below work for both).
Sworkit Fitness & Workout App
We’re starting with the easy home fitness apps first, and beyond a seven-minute workout, Sworkit (simply work it) is one of the simplest platforms to use. The reason is, Sworkit Fitness & Workout App has something for everyone, even kids!
- Best features – The American College of Sports Medicine rated the Sworkit App #1! Sworkit allows you to set six-week fitness goals, and then enables you to manipulate how much time for each workout. Only have five-minutes, or perhaps 45-minutes? Sworkit will deliver a workout specifically tailored to your fitness goals.
- Content for kids is 100% free!
- Who’s it for? – The Sworkit Fitness & Workout App is for people “looking to lose weight, tone up, gain muscle, improve your flexibility, or level-up your endurance.” Have equipment, or don’t have equipment? Sworkit will work with what you have.
- It’s free to download, has a seven-day free trial, and then unlimited access with a $9.99/month fee, or $59.99/year.
Nike Training Club
Nike has gear for every kind of workout and sport, so it only makes sense that they’d have a home fitness app that everyone can use. The Nike Training Club app offers nearly 200 free classes, and a low cost membership provides more personalized fitness capabilities.
- Best features – The best part of the Nike Training Club app has to be the trainers you interact with. Need a soccer workout? Take lessons from Christiano Ronaldo. Need a workout for hitting the slopes? Take your ques from Chloe Kim.
- Workouts are from 15 -45 minutes long, and offer a varying range of intensities.
- Who’s it for? – The Nike Training Club app was definitely made with athletes of a particular sport in mind. It also serves more broad fitness goals such as increased mobility or endurance.
- Nike Training Club has a free service, and a Premium service that provides 4-6 week programs that include workout regimen, wellness, and nutrition plans. The Premium service is $14.99/month, or $119.99/year.
We had to include one workout app that was mostly dedicated to bulking up, and whether you have equipment or not, Home Workout app will enable you to build muscle quickly.
- Best features – The Home Workout app requires absolutely no equipment, and while that can make it difficult to build muscle, the trainers at Home Workout have cracked the code.
- Animation and video guidance make sure you’re doing exercises the right way. Each exercise also starts out with warm ups, and stretching.
- Who’s it for? – While other home workout apps try to check all the boxes, Home Workout is dedicated to building and toning all the muscle groups in your body.
- Unlimited access to all features is granted after a $59.99/year membership is paid.
Fit On is another home workout app that is geared toward the beginner, and is trying to become the “Netflix-style service for exercise videos.”
- Best features – Fit On used to be a premier fitness app, that had a very expensive monthly service fee. That’s changed, as Fit On is 100% free! It also features classes with celebrity trainers, such as Gabrielle Union, or Jonathan Van Ness.
- “Quick Hit 10-minute workouts for when you’re short on time.” Enough said.
- Who’s it for? – Like workout classes? This is your app! Classes are designed for losing weight, building muscle, or getting toned, and some classes join you with a fitness community by being live streamed.
- You can also launch workouts on your TV or computer screen.
Aaptiv is another home fitness app that focuses primarily on fitness classes. Even though classes are led by certified personal trainers, you won’t have to watch the screen, as voice commands and a huge music library will be all you need.
- Best features – Aaptiv believes, quite rightly, that workouts are best paired with music. They have over 2,500 different workout classes, and add 30 every week, each with amazing playlists of the music you love.
- Download classes so you still have access when wifi is not available.
- Who’s it for? – Aaptiv is definitely for everyone, as their classes are for all fitness levels, and focus on everything from running, to high intensity interval training, and yoga. Since all classes give verbal ques, you won’t have to check your screen as you run.
- Access all classes for $14.99/month, or pay $99.99 for an annual membership (100% money back guarantee for annual memberships if you cancel within the first 30 days).