Grocery delivery has become a major feature in most people’s routines, as they keep us out of the grocery store, and give us more time at home. The convenience of their service is unparalleled, and we’re to help you figure out which ones are the best.
Grocery delivery is amazingly easy
If you’re still on the fence about signing up for a grocery delivery service, then we have your one-stop guide to why they’re great, and which ones are best suited for you. Do yourself a favor and avoid the store, and have your favorite groceries delivered to your door, when you want them.
Meal services are a fantastic way to simplify your life, but what about breakfast, snacks, and milk? The folks at Amazon had this in mind when they created AmazonFresh, which was one of the first home grocery delivery services. We’ve broken down what we like, and don’t like about them.
- Healthy and fresh groceries – In 2017, Amazon bought Whole Foods, ensuring that they have some of the freshest ingredients money can buy. They have thousands of products to choose from, including specialty items from local butchers and markets. They even have some products for your home, like toilet paper.
- Price breakdown – AmazonFresh is exclusively for Amazon Prime customers, who pay a $12.99 monthly fee for services. You can actually order groceries for quick delivery (under two hours) for an extra fee. But if you can wait, and spend more than $35, your delivery is free!
- Delivery details – AmazonFresh groceries can be packaged with ice and cold packs if you order something perishable. However, their service is designed with the working person in mind. You can schedule your deliveries between the hours of 7 a.m. – 9 p.m, to make sure you’re home when your fresh groceries arrive.
Instacart, like the name implies, can solve more immediate needs when it comes to grocery shopping. They have drivers on standby, ready to take your order and hit one of your local favorites. You can even communicate with your “personal shopper” through their app.
- Healthy and fresh groceries – One of the nice things about Instacart is that their “shoppers” buy the groceries you want from the retailer you choose. Love that produce at your local Vons, or the meat at the closest Walmart? Instacart shoppers will get whatever you want.
- Price breakdown – For a one-time use of Instacart, orders have to exceed $10, and you’ll have to pay a delivery fee that varies based on the size and cost of your order. If you pay for the annual membership ($99), then you won’t have to pay a fee as long as your order is more than $35.
- Delivery details – As we said before, Instacart is more than capable of making same-day deliveries, and in some cases, within an hour. As long as “shoppers” are available, you can receive orders between 9 a.m. – midnight. Don’t need your groceries so fast? That’s fine, as you can place your order six-days prior to your delivery date.
Walmart Grocery recently launched their home grocery delivery service, and couldn’t have picked a better time to do it. This is a perfect option if you shop at Walmart anyway, and want the same groceries as always without having to go to the store.
- Healthy and fresh groceries – One of the major benefits of shopping at Walmart is that with such a wide range of products, you’ll be able to find just about everything. Find comfort in knowing your groceries are the exact same as the ones you used to purchase at the store.
- Price breakdown – Walmart has delivery fees of $7.95 – $9.95, and is free with Walmart Delivery Unlimited. Walmart Delivery Unlimited comes at a monthly cost of a flat $12.95.
- Delivery details – Same day delivery is definitely possible, as long as there are drivers available. Walmart also has an extremely useful mobile app, which is a cut above the competition. You can also order any product in the store using the app.
Google shopping can be super convenient for the right customer, but for some products you’ll want to consider a different service. That’s not to say Google Shopping doesn’t have some distinct advantages over other grocery delivery services.
- Healthy and fresh groceries – For perishable products that need to be refrigerated, you’ll want to go with a different service. Google Shopping rarely gives same day deliveries, but is great for staples such as pasta and rice.
- Price breakdown – Google Shopping is free for any order over $35! They also don’t require a membership, or any kind of sign up fee for orders.
- Delivery details – Google Shopping typically uses Fedex or UPS for shipping, so orders usually take a day or two to arrive. There’s also a convenient mobile app that customers love, which makes it easy to find your favorite groceries.
FreshDirect is still figuring out it’s distribution model, but for areas that it can deliver to, it’s a fantastic option. It offers groceries, and prepared meal kits, and in some places, it even offers deliver of alcoholic beverages.
- Healthy and fresh groceries – FreshDirect is committed to healthy and fresh ingredients, making their produce a cut above the competition. They’re committed to organic food, ensuring that sustainability and quality are high priorities.
- Price breakdown – Delivery fees vary depending on how much you buy, but they generally fall somewhere between $5.99 – $15.99. The extra price in delivery is made up for in the quality of FreshDirect’s products.
- Delivery details – Look to see if FreshDirect delivers to your zip code, and if they do, customers can expect deliveries within a day or so. FreshDirect also has a mobile app, making it easy for customers to find their favorite products.
Avoid the store, take back time in your life, and stop worrying about getting all the nutrition you need for a balanced life. These services give you all three of those benefits, so we have to ask: What are you waiting for?!