The best home air purifiers on the market
Everything you need to know about breathing clean air in your home
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Americans spend 90% of their time indoors, making Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) of the utmost importance. Fortunately, Air Purifiers do wonders to keep us healthy in our homes, and we’ve rated the best on the market.
Why Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is so important
We are what we breathe, as a large part of our health is tied to the quality of the air in our homes. The EPA states:
“Health effects from indoor air pollutants may be experienced soon after exposure or, possibly, years later.”
We can’t see the pollutants we’re up against, and we very well could be contributing to an unhealthy lifestyle through cooking, cleaning, our hobbies, or even the climate we live in.
The worst offenders for bad IAQ are as follows:
- Pet dander
- Dust in carpets
- Pesticides and chemicals
- Cleaning supplies
- Air exchange rate (the flow of outdoor air coming inside)
Fighting back against pollutants
It’s your home, which houses your family and loved ones, so providing improper air for them to breathe is simply unacceptable. It’s probably no ones fault, as most of us are unwittingly contributing to the problem by carrying out our daily lives. It’s time to put your mind at ease, and breathe in the quality air provided by these best-in-market Air Purifiers.
Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Air Purifier
High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Purifiers are considered the “standard” in IAQ technology, and the public at large is gobbling them up like the Cookie Monster eats cookies. The best in the business, and the most reliable, has to go to the Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Air Purifier, and we’re happy to explain why.
- It works – The Honeywell HPA300 is 99.97% effective in eliminating microscopic particles such as pet dander, dust and odors, mold and smoke, pollen, and most germs. Perhaps most exciting: It can recirculate the air in a room up to five times in one hour!
- It’s powerful – The Honeywell HPA300 is designed for large rooms (nearly 500 square feet). That’s good, as experts suggest getting a purifier that’s meant for large rooms, so you don’t have to use the highest setting, which creates a lot of noise.
- It’s made by Honeywell – Honeywell has been in business for 114 years, and the trusted manufacturer doesn’t skimp on quality. In that vein, they’re also not going to run out of their product. Have you found another quality air purifier? Great! Now see if it’s still available for purchase.
- It’s been given great reviews – Amazon, Best Buy, and Ebay all have the HPA300 rated in their top five air purifiers. Consumer reports are equally kind to this wonderful product. Get it while you can at Amazon, because as of the time this article was written, they were beating their competitors by over $25.
Molekule Air with PECO technology
If HEPA technology in Air Purifiers is the “standard,” then PECO technology is the “gold standard.” That’s right, HEPA Purifiers are fantastic at taking particles out of the air, but what does it do with those particles? Answer: It doesn’t destroy them, it collects particles, requiring you to make sure you’re replacing your filter every three to six months.
- PECO technology explained – Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) is a fancy term for attacking particles in the air. The Molekule Air Purifier has free radicals that basically conduct “search and destroy” missions against particles. This process breaks up complex compounds and molecules in the air, and instead of collecting them, it rips them up and kills them.
- It works and it’s powerful – PECO enables the Molekule Air Purifier to attack pollutants that are up to 1,000 times smaller than those picked up by a HEPA purifier. It’s also able to destroy volatile organic compounds, and viruses at a microscopic level. The Molekule Air Purifier is designed for rooms 600 square feet and smaller, and a Molekule Mini Air Purifier is also available for half the price.
- It’s made by Molekule – HEPA purifiers are great, especially for pet dander and dust, but for really powerful purification needs, like for germs and mold (especially if someone in the house has asthma or another kind of respiratory affliction), there’s no competing with the Molekule Air Purifier. PECO is their proprietary technology, patented, so only Molekule has it.
- It’s been given great reviews – Molekule Air Purifiers have been given great Amazon and consumer report ratings. The Molekule Air uses smart technology, as it’s connected to the web and comes with a mobile app. Some customers have reported trouble connecting it to the web, but as far as the air purifier goes, it’s a marvel.